Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Favorite Female Singers Are Extras On Frasier


I don’t like women singers, really. Linda Ronstadt, I like, and Stevie Nicks, and Tracy Ullman. So what are the odds that my two favorite female singers both played one-episode bit parts on Frasier?
Sara Melson I checked out after watching the rerun with her appearance as Carrie, the men’s store clerk.
Last night I saw the Zooey Deschanel episode where she plays a childhood friend of Roz. Like a lot of people, I liked Zooey in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Elf and Failure to Launch. There’s just something about her, you know.

A year or so ago I was surprised to come across videos of hers on YouTube. Her singing was delightful, soulful and, well, perky. You know, one of those perky soul singers. I listened to her Hawaiian version of I Should Have Known Better and knew I had to have more.
A quick search on Amazon revealed not only an album of her songs, but an album of her songs for only $5. I immediately downloaded Volume One and listened to it nonstop for days. Then I downloaded Volume Two, still just $5, and liked it even better.
Then there was a Christmas album, too.


If you’ve not heard She & Him, head over to YouTube and give it a listen. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...