Monday, November 12, 2012

When Did I Become So Inept?

 
I used to be able to look at something and pretty much figure out how it worked or how to put it together, at least by following the instructions. I used to write instruction manuals, for Pete’s sake.
But I was nearly defeated this morning by the windshield wiper on Kelly’s car.
 
 
It says “Easy To Install” right on the package. It says “From package to windshield in minutes.” I guess that’s true, literally, but instead of taking one or two minutes as is implied, it took nearly 20 minutes.
The parts are black on black, the interlocking pieces are small, and the print is tiny, but that shouldn’t have been a deal breaker. What’s worse, I nearly didn’t make it that far. The hard plastic package took far longer to open than I care to admit.

I guess my easy FLIP and SLIDE days are over....
 
At last, the blade is installed, but Kelly is taking her chances. I only guarantee my wiper work in sunny weather.

1 comment:

  1. It was the wiper's fault or the rain. ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...